On March 19, there were more flames, which again started with the tent but spread to a three-story house next door. By the time the fire was under control the tent had been completely consumed and the south side of the house had collapsed.
Francis X. Gribbon, the chief spokesman for the Fire Department, said in an e-mail, “I’m told that these were intentionally set fires.” Fire marshals were investigating, he added.
After the March 19 fire, inspectors for the Department of Buildings said the house was too weak to remain standing. And a few days later, a contractor demolished it with a backhoe.